What is a Nest Learning Thermostat?
You live in Sioux Falls, SD – so you’re heating and air conditioning bills tend to run high year round. The brutal winters and blazing hot summers are just a part of the price we pay to live in such a beautiful, clean and safe state. But what if I told you there was a way to easily lower those bills without really changing much of anything… Have I got your attention?
That’s exactly what the Nest Learning Thermostat sets out to do.
Traditional Thermostat’s Waste Energy
Your home’s thermostat is responsible for regulating the heating and air conditioning systems. Essentially, you set the temperature for your home and your home comfort system takes care of the rest. Sounds simple enough, right?
But what about the majority of the day when you are not home? Your furnace is still heating your home to a toasty 68 or 70 degrees Fahrenheit (or whatever you have it set at) which ends up wasting a lot of money.
Well, not too long ago, the U.S. government began a push for homeowners to install programmable thermostats in order to cut down on energy usage.
By automatically adjusting your thermostat when you’re away from home or asleep, programmable thermostats could save you as much as $180 a year. However, many homeowners have installed these thermostats and never saw energy savings. Why? Because they never properly programmed them!
The Nest Learning Thermostat
How does the Nest Learning Thermostat Work?
- You set your desired temperature.
- Make any adjustments needed as you see fit.
- The Nest senses when you’re home or away.
- The Nest creates a custom program automatically.
The Nest helps you to save money more easily because you don’t have to do anything out of the ordinary except use your thermostat as you normally would. It doesn’t stop there though. Nest’s Learning Thermostat has other features that take controling your home heating and air conditioning to the next level, including:
- Auto-Away – The Nest knows when you’ve left the home and adjusts the thermostat so you don’t waste energy heating and cooling an empty home.
- Energy & Run History – See a detailed history of your energy usage as well as the weather, so you can see how you’ve saved energy.
- “The Leaf” – When you’re saving energy, Nest will let you know by displaying the leaf.
Want to know more about the Nest Learning Thermostat and what it can do for your Sioux Falls
-area home? Contact us online for more information.
Comfort Heroess, LLC serves homeowners in Sioux Falls, SD and the surrounding areas.